the adventure begins now
Ask, and You shall receive
Live music in august!
Please check our events page for details
Experience Elk Mountain
Experience Western Colorado on nearly 300 acres of spruce, pine and aspen forestry where wildlife is at every corner and the mountain experience opportunities are endless. Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities that are accompanied by luxury amenities including delicious food and spa services perfect for everyone during your mountain getaway.
Explore the outdoors at Elk Mountain Resort, from fishing at our private lake to exploring the Uncompahgre National Forest joined by the Grand Mesa National Forest as well as the Gunnison National Forest totaling nearly 3 million acres of forests. Slow it down by enjoying a game of tennis at the tennis courts and lunch in our picnic areas, and much more to come on the horizon.
Located nearly 35 miles from Telluride, 22 miles from the town of Montrose, with the historic town of Ouray, and the Ute Indian Museum nearby as well.
Event, Meeting or Retreat
Start planning for 2023! Host your wedding or corporate event at Elk Mountain Resort, or join us for our own Elk Mountain hosted events for a unique and luxurious mountain get away.
Dining at Elk Mountain
Seasonally inspired world class cuisine and a fine dining experience like no other brought to the western slopes of Colorado prepared by our Head Chef. The restaurant at Elk Mountain Resort features locally sourced ingredients for all our dishes as well as local craft beers and Colorado distilled spirits.
From fresh lunches to tasty dinners, our kitchen has the perfect dish to complete your day of adventuring in the Colorado mountains.
DIRECTlONS FROM MONTROSE
The resort is located approximately 20.5 miles from the center of downtown Montrose (Main St. & Townsend Ave.)
- Upon leaving the Montrose airport, take a LEFT onto HWY. US 550 and proceed to MAIN ST.
- TURN RIGHT on WEST MAIN ST. and go west approx. 2 miles to Hwy 90
- TURN LEFT onto HWY. 90 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles to the T intersection.
- TURN RIGHT at the T to remain on Hwy. 90 and go about 1/4 mile to Dave Wood Rd.
- TURN LEFT onto DAVE WOOD RD. Stay on Dave Wood Rd. all the way (approx. 17 miles) to the resort entrance. Dave Wood Rd. will turn into a gravel / dirt road.
- TURN LEFT through the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign
DIRECTlONS FROM TELLURIDE
- After leaving Placerville, TURN RIGHT on HWY 62, towards Ridgway.
- Travel 8 miles to the "Old Ski Dallas" sign on right side of the highway.
- TURN LEFT onto the uphill dirt road 60X.
- Travel on this road for about 6. 7 miles and TURN RIGHT onto DAVE WOOD RD.
- Pass under power lines and travel 2. 7 miles to the Sanborn Park. TURN RIGHT to stay on Dave Wood Rd.
- Travel another 3.5 miles towards Montrose, until you see the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign on your right.
Lodge Office Hours
For Hotel Reservations or Inquiries please call 970.901.5370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also contact us via email to schedule an appointment or for event inquires.
Site Visits by appointment only (Appointments must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance)
Hours of Operation:
Thursday: 5 p.m - 8 p.m
Friday: 11 a.m - 8 p.m
Saturday: 11 a.m - 8 p.m
Sunday: 10 a.m - 2 p.m
97 Elk Walk Road
Montrose, CO 81403
If traveling from south of Montrose, DO NOT USE GPS. Please use the directions posted on the left as the phone GPS is not always accurate. Thank You!