Thank You Everyone!
That’s A wrap for 2021!
Words can’t describe how grateful all of us here at the Resort are for your support in our first year. We shattered any previous expectations we had and can’t wait to continue to grow in 2022! Starting January 2nd, Elk Mountain Resort will be closed for the winter season until April 1st. We hope to see some familiar faces and some new comers this late spring/summer! 2022 will be our biggest year yet!
Experience Elk Mountain
Experience Western Colorado on nearly 300 acres of spruce, pine and aspen forestry where wildlife is at every corner and the mountain experience opportunities are endless. Enjoy a variety of outdoor activities that are accompanied by luxury amenities including delicious food and spa services perfect for everyone during your mountain getaway.
Explore the outdoors at Elk Mountain Resort, from fishing at our private lake to exploring the Uncompahgre National Forest joined by the Grand Mesa National Forest as well as the Gunnison National Forest totally nearly 3 million acres of forests. Slow it down by enjoying a game of tennis at the tennis courts and lunch in our picnic areas, and much more to come on the horizon.
Located nearly 35 miles from Telluride, 22 miles from the town of Montrose, with the historic town of Ouray, and the Ute Indian Museum nearby as well.
Event, Meeting or Retreat
Start planning for 2022! Host your wedding or corporate event at Elk Mountain Resort, or join us for our own Elk Mountain hosted events for a unique and luxurious mountain get away.
Dining at Elk Mountain
Enjoy southern-style comfort food including award-winning Texas-style barbeque prepared by our head chef. The restaurant at Elk Mountain Resort features locally sourced ingredients for all our dishes as well as local craft beers and Colorado distilled spirits.
From fresh lunches to tasty dinners, our kitchen has the perfect dish to complete your day of adventuring in the Colorado mountains.
DIRECTlONS FROM MONTROSE
The resort is located approximately 18.5 miles from the center of downtown Montrose (Main St. & Townsend Ave.)
- Upon leaving the Montrose airport, take a LEFT onto HWY. US 550 and proceed to MAIN ST.
- TURN RIGHT on WEST MAIN ST. and go west approx. 2 miles to Hwy 90
- TURN LEFT onto HWY. 90 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles to the T intersection.
- TURN RIGHT at the T to remain on Hwy. 90 and go about 1/4 mile to Dave Wood Rd.
- TURN LEFT onto DAVE WOOD RD. Stay on Dave Wood Rd. all the way (approx. 12 miles) to the resort entrance. Dave Wood Rd. will turn into a gravel / dirt road.
- TURN LEFT through the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign
DIRECTlONS FROM TELLURIDE
- After leaving Placerville, TURN RIGHT on HWY 62, towards Ridgway.
- Travel 8 miles to the "Old Ski Dallas" sign on right side of the highway.
- TURN LEFT onto the uphill dirt road 60X.
- Travel on this road for about 6. 7 miles and TURN RIGHT onto DAVE WOOD RD.
- Pass under power lines and travel 2. 7 miles to the Sanborn Park. TURN RIGHT to stay on Dave Wood Rd.
- Travel another 3.5 miles towards Montrose, until you see the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign on your right.
Lodge Office Hours
Site Visits by appointment only, please call 970.812.8036
to schedule an appointment or for event inquires
97 Elk Walk Road
Montrose, CO 81403
Fridays: 11-2 Lunch & 5pm-8pm Dinner
Saturdays: 11am-2pm Lunch & 5pm-10pm Dinner
To make a restaurant reservation, please call 970.812.8036