You’ve asked, and we deliver. We are proud to announce that we will be open from Friday-Sunday all throughout the month of January (and possibly the rest of winter/spring), from 12-6pm. To check out our menu we will be offering, please click the button below!
Seasonally inspired world class cuisine and a fine dining experience like no other brought to the western slopes of Colorado. Enjoy dinner in our dining room or have a drink on the patio overlooking the Elk Mountain fishing lake.
With ever-changing menus to fit any occasion, you can find the perfect meal to fit your mood from a delicious hamburger lunch to a smokey brisket dinner. Elk Mountain Resort utilizes a Colorado ranch-to-table kitchen with locally sourced ingredients to bring the freshest food to guests.
Our chef, Daniel Castillo, is backed by years of fine dining experience and has trained with excellent chefs from across the world. Bringing his extensive experience to the table, Castillo perfectly marries Colorado ingredients with a globally inspired cuisine.
Our professionally trained mixologists create hand-crafted cocktails made with Colorado distilled spirits. We also offer craft beers that feature local favorites from Colorado including the nearby Horsefly Brewery in Montrose.
Schedule your wine cellar tour and private wine tasting in our silver mine turned wine shaft.
Enjoy a nightcap beverage out on the patio overlooking the lake, or in our upstairs bar and lounge. Find the perfect way to sip your favorite drink at Elk Mountain.
DIRECTlONS FROM MONTROSE
The resort is located approximately 18.5 miles from the center of downtown Montrose (Main St. & Townsend Ave.)
- Upon leaving the Montrose airport, take a LEFT onto HWY. US 550 and proceed to MAIN ST.
- TURN RIGHT on WEST MAIN ST. and go west approx. 2 miles to Hwy 90
- TURN LEFT onto HWY. 90 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles to the T intersection.
- TURN RIGHT at the T to remain on Hwy. 90 and go about 1/4 mile to Dave Wood Rd.
- TURN LEFT onto DAVE WOOD RD. Stay on Dave Wood Rd. all the way (approx. 12 miles) to the resort entrance. Dave Wood Rd. will turn into a gravel / dirt road.
- TURN LEFT through the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign
DIRECTlONS FROM TELLURIDE
- After leaving Placerville, TURN RIGHT on HWY 62, towards Ridgway.
- Travel 8 miles to the "Old Ski Dallas" sign on right side of the highway.
- TURN LEFT onto the uphill dirt road 60X.
- Travel on this road for about 6. 7 miles and TURN RIGHT onto DAVE WOOD RD.
- Pass under power lines and travel 2. 7 miles to the Sanborn Park. TURN RIGHT to stay on Dave Wood Rd.
- Travel another 3.5 miles towards Montrose, until you see the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign on your right.
97 Elk Walk Road
Montrose, CO 81403
If traveling from south of Montrose, DO NOT USE GPS. Please use the directions posted on the left as the phone GPS is not always accurate. Thank You!