Enjoy a getaway in the mountains of Colorado. When you’re ready to relax and wind down from your outdoor adventures, stay in our luxurious rooms, made to accommodate your every need during your stay at Elk Mountain.
Enjoy the perfect Colorado Mountain getaway at Elk Mountain Resort in our luxury king rooms. Follow heated walkways from the main lodge to our luxury kings designed for comfort. Relax and recharge in a quiet sanctuary after a full day of activities on and around the Uncompahgre Plateau.
All cabins are uniquely decorated with southwestern style handcrafted furniture and modern amenities such as Wi-Fi, luxury robes and spa self-care products, and a wet bar with a coffee maker and refrigerator. Each room is uniquely named after an old Colorado silver mining camp to provide our guests with an authentic western mountain getaway experience.
Private 3 Bedroom Cottages
Coming soon… Elk Mountain Resort will have private cottages available for guests. Our cottages will allow guests to emerge themselves in the outdoors while having the comfort of luxury resort amenities. Amenities will include luxury robes and spa body care products, resort-style bedding, Wi-Fi, and an onsite coffee maker and refrigerator available to them.
Elk Mountain will showcase our 18 custom-designed two-story cottages. The convenience and seclusion of the cabins are ideal for family vacations, weddings, reunions, retreats, etc.
Each cottages features 3 spacious bedrooms that may be divided into separate one and two-bedroom suites with individual private entrances offering flexibility for guests. After spending the day adventuring both at the resort and in the surrounding area, relax on your private deck as you enjoy the full beauty of nature.
DIRECTlONS FROM MONTROSE
The resort is located approximately 18.5 miles from the center of downtown Montrose (Main St. & Townsend Ave.)
- Upon leaving the Montrose airport, take a LEFT onto HWY. US 550 and proceed to MAIN ST.
- TURN RIGHT on WEST MAIN ST. and go west approx. 2 miles to Hwy 90
- TURN LEFT onto HWY. 90 and proceed approx. 1.5 miles to the T intersection.
- TURN RIGHT at the T to remain on Hwy. 90 and go about 1/4 mile to Dave Wood Rd.
- TURN LEFT onto DAVE WOOD RD. Stay on Dave Wood Rd. all the way (approx. 12 miles) to the resort entrance. Dave Wood Rd. will turn into a gravel / dirt road.
- TURN LEFT through the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign
DIRECTlONS FROM TELLURIDE
- After leaving Placerville, TURN RIGHT on HWY 62, towards Ridgway.
- Travel 8 miles to the "Old Ski Dallas" sign on right side of the highway.
- TURN LEFT onto the uphill dirt road 60X.
- Travel on this road for about 6. 7 miles and TURN RIGHT onto DAVE WOOD RD.
- Pass under power lines and travel 2. 7 miles to the Sanborn Park. TURN RIGHT to stay on Dave Wood Rd.
- Travel another 3.5 miles towards Montrose, until you see the ELK MOUNTAIN RESORT arched sign on your right.
97 Elk Walk Road
Montrose, CO 81403
If traveling from south of Montrose, DO NOT USE GPS. Please use the directions posted on the left as the phone GPS is not always accurate. Thank You!